Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Define yourself through experience

I am trying. Who I am is rather simple, all you have to do is look at what I have experienced and you will see. Now the experiences? not so simple.

Other people see me as... well, frankly I dont give a shit how other people see me other than a select few - family, close friends and my girl.

I am trying to make myself into a reason for something bigger than just a job, a life and a family. I want to be the job, be the reason for the life I have and be the reason for my family and the way it is. I want that more than anything. At heart I am a family guy, the man who puts nothing before his loved ones. At heart, that is what kind of person I am because that is what I have experienced. My family has been more than supportive to me my whole life, and I love everyone of them for that.

My work experience - project management, engineering, military -  proves to show, as many can vouch for, that I am a technical leader who can manage people to get things done. What I am working with that is new to me is creativity. I have always had a sense of creativity, but I have never really expressed it other than through my music.

My future work experience - opening a creative design firm is something completely new to me. Through all of my experiences, I am defining who I am, how other people see me and developing my control for the future that I want. The advertising/marketing/creative/brand business is completely new to me and I have little to no knowledge - compared to other vet's in the field. I have already made a huge mistake, but I am not going to let it hinder my real aspirations and goals. I have learned from it, eliminated any chance of it happening again and re-evaluated some aspects of the business and my strategies behind it. My promotion strategy will consist of my first bodybuilding show being the backbone story shared through this blog, Facebook and the.

The experiences of amature bodybuilding and starting a new business are very new to me but I believe will exponentially build off of one another as time progresses. Above all else, I go back to my first point, my family. Sure I want to do all of this for myself, sure I want to be in shape, ripped, big, win, all that esy stuff, but what I really want is the experience. I want the experience of one of the most mentally draining sports on the planet and one of the riskiest financial things to do in my box of knowledge. I want to be able to be defined as someone who has those things complete, who has lived that lifestyle by people, but most of all my family. I'm nto talking about my family - mom, dad, brother, cousins all of that, they all made me who I am. I'm talking about my future family. My wife and kids. I never want to hear, "Dad, you don't understand." That would be the worst- I want to be that figure that my kids turn to. I want to be the omnicient dad who is loved and respected for what he knows and does more than what he gives.

Also for my wife. I need her to be comfortable. I need her to respect and love me enough to be as motivated and into family as I am. I want her also to be able to relate to me as the perfect guy for her kids, the perfect fit for her everything. The perfect husband. I want for her to have absolutely no instance of doubt that she picked the right guy for the right reason. Communication is huge in relationships, its going to be even bigger in my relationship. I need to be open, honest and really connected to make a relationship like this and I as well need to find the perfect girl. But I have. That part is done, I am defining myself through my experiences. Good experiences, bad ones, mistakes, misunderstandings are all part of it, but I will be who I want to be and who I am, I will be the perfect fit for her. She is for me, so why should I not work for her? I want the family.

The military, my company, my show, my friends my family: I appreciate you all. Most of all, I appreciate the last few months with my girl, she's the one who pushed me over the good edge to pursuit the things I want. I'm devoting it to her, I want to make the definition of myself her family guy, her goal.

Do you have the right experiences for who you want to be?

I do.

Do you have a reason or someone to define yourself for?

I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment