Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

What's your problem?

I guarantee you, if you took 35 average people and put them in a room and sat them all down at a round table - all facing each other - and asked them to put their problems down in front of them for everyone to see that they would all be hesitant. To say the least.

All it takes is for one to start, then one more, then it begins to spread. "Mine is worse than your's, you have it so nice compared to me..." "No way, look at mine... its so much worse..." It may turn into a damn pissing match, sadly. Maybe along the lines of - "I'm better, deserve more, respected more than you because I'm in a worse situation." This may go on for a few minutes until everyone's problem is out on the table.

Then, just pause and watch everyone with all of the problems sitting out blatently apparent and simply say, okay, "At this time you all have to go home with a problem."

Just saying that, it completely flips. "It," meaning the pissing match. Before, one "deserved more" or was "better" than the next guy because of his worser issue, now, when they leave, of course they will grab their own and go home. If you show up and compare your issues to the next guy - sure, you may be in a worse position which yould make you NEED more resources to solve, but it sure as hell won't make you DESERVE more. Who the F are you and what have you done to deserve more than the guy next to you? When everyone leaves, they all want their own problem back becaus it is "easier" to deal with than the guy's next to them. Hopefully, when they leave they will have the impression that their problem really isn't as bad as they thought when they sat down at that round table.

What I'm getting at here is simple: It can always be worse. Look at who is next to you, look at people you know, people you don't, and read up on things and realize what's happening and be consious of the world around you. "If everyone put their problems out on a table for everyone else to see, they would all take their own back." My mom used to say that to me when I thought I was having a "rough" time growing up. Recently I have forgotten about that - until I read THIS.


Comment if you were inspired by Chris. If not, then I invite you to look around and see who's REALLY having a rough day.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment